Thinking of adopting a new puppy?
Has your puppy’s behavior stopped being so adorable?
Want to bring your family member up right?
At Kathy Santo Dog Training, our unique, interactive and fun approach to training assures you quick results and a confident, well-behaved dog your whole family will love to have around.
There are lots of ways to get started!
Choose a fun, interactive puppy class, below
Learn more about convenient private training
Try our unique “Fast Track” program for your puppy!
What Your Life Looks Like Now:
- Your puppy is using the house as his own personal port-o-let.
- He jumps on everyone and is confused about why you don’t like it.
- He bites pants, feet, hands, ponytails, and anything else within his reach.
- He appears to change his name on a daily basis and ignores you when you use the name you’d originally given him.
- The only command he responds to is the sound of the box of dog treats being shaken.
- People who want to visit ask “will the puppy be there?” (and not in a good way).
- Your kids are afraid of the puppy and so are their friends. (These are the same children who begged you non-stop for 5 years about getting a puppy in the first place).
- You wonder if everyone’s puppy only sleeps for 20 mnts in a 24-hr period of time.
- Your spouse comes home and sees the puppy sleeping (the first nap in the last 10 hours) and says “He seems easygoing to me”.
- You wonder why you agreed to this in the first place.
- Or, you have a great puppy (you lucky person!) that just needs to learn some manners and a few handy commands.
If one or all of these scenarios sound familiar, don’t worry. We have solutions.
What We’re Going To Do To Fix Everything
We’ll teach your puppy:
- Where to go to the bathroom (outside or indoors on the wee wee pads).
- To chew on authorized toys only.
- Ways to greet people that will be endearing, not fear-inducing
- Social skills that include how to greet dogs in a way that will result in a fun time, instead of a fight.
- The basic commands in a puppy friendly way – sit, down, come when called, stay, walk on a leash, stand and more.
- How to go from grabbing lunging impulse driven to “Mother, may I?
In short, we’ll help you to have a puppy who gets invited everywhere.
Puppy Class & S.T.A.R. Puppy Test 6 weeks – $270.
Puppies 8 weeks to 6 months
New puppies accepted weekly during the session
The AKC STAR Puppy test will be administered to all eligible puppies for a nominal fee.
Class focus: This 6-week puppy parenting class covers housetraining, handling exercises, bite inhibition, socialization, basic commands, grooming, appropriate toys.
Taught by Kathy Santo or Stacey Samela (click here to read more about our trainers)
Questions? Call us at 201-512-8316
You may also learn more from our online help pages
Click the chat icon in the lower right corner